Saturday, August 19, 2006

Why take healthy two month old into a viral cesspool of the modern pediatric office??

My daughter turns two months today. I'm considering my options for her care. Realizing that most pediatric offices are full of sick kids with summer enteroviruses, I think do I want to bring her back there?? As it is I'm the only pediatrician in St. Louis making house calls, could I get a doctor to come to the house to see her?? The answer so far is NO until we have another Personal Pediatrics affiliate MD in St. Louis. So I decide to give her house calls as well. She received her first set of shots today, so should be protected against Hepatitis B, Polio, Hemophilus B, Tetanus, Diptheria, Pneumococcus, and Pertussis. Now most of these illnesses aren't just something you can pick up in typical pediatric medical offices. But Pertussis IS... And pertussis KILLS babies. There is a pool of pertussis that exists in older teenagers as immunity from earlier vaccination wanes. Another benefit of the Personal Pediatrics house call affiliate program for physician and for patients.

Personal Pediatrics the Pediatrician of the Past and Future... Today.

No comments: